Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ain't nothin' like the real thing

Okay, I guess it's time to let the truth be known: the pictures in my previous blog entry don't quite accurately depict our new neighborhood. They were taken inside Park Slope, but not at the most attractive locations. Jennifer was a little concerned that my blog post was giving some of you the wrong impression. She "kindly" persuaded me to show you a little bit of what our neighborhood really looks like. So, I took a couple of shots from our apartment. Here's one:



The picture above was taken from my desk, which faces this window. The view is nothing but dead trees and brownstones. It's tough to look at.

Here's another image:



This is one of the views from what will be the baby's room. Of course, our kid will be too young to appreciate it, and we'll probably move before he starts remembering anything. I will always tell him it was the best bedroom he ever had.

Well, there you have it... the truth about our neighborhood. I would have liked to have shown you more, but I don't feel comfortable walking the streets. They've been unsafe ever since a pack of elephants and a rabid giraffe escaped from the Prospect Park Zoo. I'm hoping things get better before the little one arrives.

No comments: