Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A walk in the park (slope)

Hello from BEAUTIFUL Park Slope, Brooklyn!



Jennifer and I arrived at our new apartment on Friday after a dreadful week of packing and moving boxes. Now everything's in our new place, and I finally have the internet up and running. So I figured I'd give you a tour. Here's our new home:



Those of you who live outside of New York City may think this is small, but around here it's a pretty good deal - especially for five grand a month. It's actually larger than the place we had in Greenpoint. We might put a wreath or some bunting on it to hide some of the graffiti. The "It's a Boy!" balloons will also help with that.

Down the street, a job opportunity awaits:



I think my days of unemployment are finally nearing an end. I'm so excited. The picture's a bit blurry because I took it as I was crying tears of joy.

Here's our fire station:



Judging from their own boarded-up windows, they don't seem to be very good at their job.

I really think the little one is going to like it here. We found this playground just a couple blocks from our place:



When the little one is old enough, I'll take him here. He could slide down the dirt and asphalt mounds, or maybe even ride the front loader! It will be so much fun. After that, our baby boy can go to sleep in his own room, which we have already decorated:



I think we'll make that basket his bed. He's going to love it.

Of course, these pictures don't do our new neighborhood justice. Everything looks much better in person. You'll have to visit sometime... though I recommend that you leave your nice pants at home, especially if we go to the playground.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new digs! Good luck on the taxi driver career. Knowing where to take your passengers is much less important than knowing what to play them on the radio. No matter what time of year it is, and no matter what they may say outloud, they want to hear Christmas music.

-m!c