Monday, February 28, 2011

Two Will Do

There hasn't been a whole lot to report in the baby front since finding out we're having another boy.  I suppose that's the reason why I hadn't written anything here since.  It could be that, or it simply could be the fact that I now have a two-year-old who keeps demanding my attention and wants to see pictures or videos every time I boot up the computer.  Maybe we should have just adopted pets.  Oh well... too late now.

Some of the reactions to our news have been funny.  As I've said before, I am thrilled we're having a boy, and, despite rumors to the contrary, so is Jennifer.  She loves the thought of two little guys running around, even if that means she will be the only woman in our home.  Yet, time and time again, even though the second child has yet to leave the womb, people have told us, "well, you'll just have to try for a third child."  A THIRD child?!?  One at a time, please!  I'm wondering what makes these people think that a third child would automatically be a girl.  I know the odds are always 50-50, but we ended up with a boy twice.  There's a good chance that a third child would also be a boy, which would make Jennifer really feel outnumbered. Then what?  Try for a fourth?   Have you been in a house with four boys?  I don't think I have, but I can't imagine it having a rosy smell, or unbroken windows.  I think we'll just concentrate on our second child for now.

Our little one is getting big!  Here's the latest shot of Jennifer, for those of you who haven't seen her recently:


According to Baby Center (where babies are sold factory-direct to you) our little guy is the size of a large mango.  This would be cute and all if this baby were as immobile as a large mango.  But, alas, this baby is already exploring the Mommy Frontier.  He has already kicked a rib and is using Jennifer's bladder as a trampoline.  And yet we still have four more months to go.  It's been a long winter, but it might seem like an even longer spring for Jennifer.  I'm doing my best to help out, which means I've been keeping the two-year-old terror away when Jennifer needs to rest a bit.  The last thing she needs right now is two kids assaulting her.  There will be plenty of time for that after the birth.

No comments: