Thursday, June 9, 2011

He's a Big Baby!

Well, scratch out June 27th.  Cancel the new baby parties for that day (I know you were planning them).  Our little one will be arriving at least five days earlier than our original due date.  We have scheduled a c-section for Wednesday, June 22.  That's because Jennifer will be giving birth to a super-sized baby.

(Above: approximate size of our
baby, according to babycenter.com)
The hospital says our little guy weighs NINE pounds and ELEVEN ounces.  That's one ounce heavier than I was when I was born, and we still have two weeks to go!  Poor Jennifer's been lugging him around, and so far there's no sign that he's going to try an early exit.  He likes it in there.  It's been tough on Jennifer with June turning into late August on the equator, but she's been strong.  She's certainly my hero.

Maternity leave begins next week, so Jennifer's last day of work is tomorrow.  We're very excited about the extra time we'll have together, including all that time we'll have in the middle of the night once the baby's born.  With Kyle not napping these days, I've been practicing for the little guy's arrival by building up my fatigue.  Soon I'll be too tired to remember what an alert mind is like, and once that is completely forgotten I won't care that it's been up every night for weeks.  Yes, I won't be able to speak coherently anymore, but I guess that just comes with the territory.

Less than two weeks to go.   We have our hospital bags packed, the baby clothes cleaned, and the crib set up.  The fridge is also stocked with beer (for emergencies).  All we need now is the baby.  I know I can't wait to meet him... and you can be sure that Jennifer is counting down the days.

2 comments:

Craig said...

Ooof. Hang in there!

JoannaP said...

You are my hero Jennifer! I can't wait for the big announcement (and to see if the name I picked is the winner).