Yes, I know it's probably a surprise to most of you (sorry, Mom). "Anderson" wasn't even one of our top choices until very recently. Jennifer and I were just going through a list of names online, and we suddenly had a gut feeling about this one. It was calling to us, like the little one was saying, "I want to be Anderson Beaudry." We're very excited about it. Sure, some may think the name's a bit unusual, but there are many reasons why "Anderson" is perfect.
We also liked how proper it sounded, which will help in the future, especially if he follows his mom's footsteps and gets a job on Wall Street. We came close to making "Preston" the middle name, but we decided we don't want our kid to get beaten up that much. Jennifer thinks he could go by the nickname "Andy," but I say that would just make him a conformist.
All in all, we just really like the name. It's Scottish in origin, and while our families are mostly French, German and English/Irish, we still feel a kinship with the Scots and have been longtime fans of their cultural contributions, especially their alcohol and tape. I agree that it may be an unusual name - there are not many people out there named Anderson Beaudry. But Anderson will be a one-of-a-kind kid, so why not give him a one-of-a-kind name? I'm sure our little one will be proud to be one of the few, even if he gets some bruises from the playground bullies.
Oh, and one more thing... before you make any judgements, please check the date of this post. Thanks!
3 comments:
I was hoping you'd go for something more subtle, like Lou "they're taking all their jobs why aren't you outraged" Dobbs Beaudry.
All I could think of was that Anders kid from high school. Remember the exchange student from Germany or wherever??
I was afraid you were going with Roy or Tyler - one of those Tar Heel people.
What a relief. Thanks for the laugh.
Good one! My jaw dropped at first. You get credit for pulling the first practical joke on us all day.
Post a Comment