This past weekend, Jennifer and I went on a field trip. We visited Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan, the hospital where our yet-to-be-named little one will be born. We toured the delivery room (also known as the screamatorium), a postpartum room, the nursery, waiting rooms, bathrooms, elevators, and janitor closets. I must say, I was very impressed. If you're gonna enter Manhattan, this is the best way to do it. Our little one will probably cry at first, as babies do, but he'll likely settle down once he looks around and admires just how spacious the room is.Unfortunately, though, like most New York buildings, Lenox Hill Hospital does not have a parking lot. So our "labor day" could end up going a little like this:
Jennifer: "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"
Dave: "Hang in there honey. I think I've found a spot! Nope - it's a fire hydrant. Dammit. Lemmie see if there's anything on 3rd Avenue."
Hmmmmm... maybe we should take a cab there instead.
We also checked in with Jennifer's doctor this past week. She says we're having a "textbook" pregnancy, which means the little one's becoming a nerd even before he's born. That's our child, all right.
However, our little nerd does appear to have a wild side. When the doc checked his heartbeat, he kicked her back! She actually was startled by it.
The doc then turned to us, smiled, and asked, "So which one of you was the hyper one?"
Uh, oh. I guess I'll enjoy my sleep while I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment