Friday, January 14, 2011

The Sequel

Here we go again!  Meet the next Baby Beaudry:


Our little one is due to arrive June 27th.  That means Kyle has just five and a half months left until he's no longer the sole ruler of our household.  We've already told him the news...


... he took it well.  It might be a while before he gets used to the idea of being an older brother.  I will do my best to help him out.  I might start by pretending that one of his stuffed animals is the new baby, and I'll say things like "coochie coochie coo" to it while ignoring Kyle's demands for things like food or band-aids.  Then I could quietly break some of his toys, since we all know younger siblings have a habit of doing that.  I'll also scream in Kyle's ears a lot.  By the time June rolls around, the new baby won't be much of a shock to him.

As for Jennifer and me, we're excited and anxious.  It's different this time around, since we think we know a lot about what's going to happen.  Still, it's a bit nerve-wracking, since we also know that the second time around is often different than the first.  I'm just praying that everything goes well, and that the kid is healthy, has ten fingers and toes, and hates the Yankees.  I also hope I learn from the many mistakes I made with Kyle.

I plan to send updates through the Baby Beaudry website, much like I did the last time.  If you're a subscriber, you'll continue to receive the e-mails.  Chances are the updates here will be short, as I will continue to write longer, more thought-provoking commentary (with silly jokes) on daveweekly.com.   I hope you'll enjoy this experience with us.

Happy 2011!

No comments: